Sunday, September 8, 2013

You are Enough

“Just remember that Dumbo didn't need the feather; the magic was in him. ” 
                                                           ― Stephen King, On Writing


           We are hell bent on being other people. We change our clothes, hide our accents, lie about our childhoods, ‘embellish’ our resumes and train our minds to tear us down. Because we believe that who we are is not enough. Others will not accept us. No one understands us. If they knew what I was really thinking they would walk away.
                 The voice in our head, our inner critic, tells us we are below par at best. Not only does it tell us, the voice has hard evidence. It drags us through our mistakes (both real and mistakes we fabricate in order to justify why we feel bad about ourselves).
                   I can address this through many perspectives, a person of faith, as a social workers, as a woman but in the end, the answer is the same. YOU are you for a reason. YOU are enough. I know you just blew me off. Your mind came up with a reason that explains why I didn’t mean you
                   I don’t know you. I don’t know what you’ve done, how you think or how you feel. No, I will never know exactly how you feel but I've been through my own version of hell. I have also met, worked with, cried with people that have been through every tragedy you can imagine.
                  And I believe, 100% that YOU are enough. You are worthy of love, of respect and of acceptance. You are not alone in your suffering, in your pain. You are not trash. You are not insignificant.

                 The magic is in you and who YOU are is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment