Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Novel

I wanted to take a moment and talk about my novel. Ages from Eternity released June of 2015. It is still surreal and even though I almost finished with the sequel, I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an author. A lot of the time, I doubt myself. I think that is normal for most people, especially artist types. We don't think we are good enough and we measure ourselves against unrealistic standards. There were errors in my book..."Oh no I am a terrible writer!" There are errors in other authors' book..."oh well it happens, doesn't change the story." 
Some days I think I'm strange. Grieving the loss of a character I killed off or neurotically running a certain scene over and over in my head to only delete it completely. 
I worry about the cover art, the font, the content, every curse, every word and other days I just let the characters do what they want. 
For me, writing is a spinning, twirling, terrifying, nauseating, wonderful ride. I am not perfect. I am not as good as I want to be but I have a lifetime to work and grow. Thank you to those who put up with me, encourage me and love this crazy world creation. 

Ages from Eternity is years in the making, most of that spent in my head, hidden from the world. It is the first book in a series that follows extraordinary people that are just as clueless, messed up and wonderfully unique as the rest of us. 

I am brand new to the writing scene. I am putting in the time and work and I have the desire but I still have a ways to go. If you like the story, tell a friend. If you want to know more about the characters, the Realm or myself, find me on twitter or facebook. Check out my website. loradouglas.com. 

There will be a sale before Christmas on Amazon if you want to pick up my novel for yourself or for a friend. 

There is some harsh language, violence and mild sexual content just as a heads up. 

Book 2 will be completed in the coming months, with an expected release of Spring 2016. 

Thank you to my readers, my supporters, my critics and my fans. 

http://www.amazon.com/Ages-Eternity-1-Lora-Douglas/dp/0692418148/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448136138&sr=8-1&keywords=ages+from+etern
ity

No comments:

Post a Comment