Friday, August 16, 2013

Have You Seen Me At All

Have you ever seen me at all?
I am the girl you pass by on the street
The one staring at the ground
The girl laughing in the hall
The one with people all around
I am the person in the corner
The one’s scream no one hears
The person that sits alone
The one whose smiles insincere
Have you seen me at all?

You pass me on the street and don’t offer a second glance
I’m your friend to whom you confided the world
I’m the one in your arms
The one you hold and kiss
You try so hard to know me but there is something you have missed

Have you ever seen me at all?
Have you really seen me?
You see me everyday
You smile and you wave
You look down and turn away
You laugh with your friends
You tell me the teasing joke
In the end we’re all the same
Well all go unnoticed
However, some try to see
The person living inside of me
We all look past yet we are all unseen
Maybe it’s time for someone to see
The beauty waiting inside of me

Behind the façade of appearance dwells a dark reality
For I am not what I want to be
But in what I am is all I can be. 

Lora Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment