Thursday, January 29, 2015

FX Awesomeness!!

So I ordered some special effects makeup and injury effects for a photo shoot for one of my book covers. I am not new to photography (been doing it for 12 years give or take, some professionally) but I am very new to the art of special effects. Granted, I have watched Face Off and I prayed a lot of dress up as a kid. While most little girls choose to be princesses, I preferred Circus performers, Zombies and people with supernatural abilities that had been in terrible accidents. I was also in the Color guard in high school, (for those of you unfamiliar with Color guard check out this link http://www.wgi.org/) one of the valuable skills this taught me was how to apply stage/performance
makeup on a moving yellow dog (very old school bus). 
Anyways, that being said, I reached out and did some research. I found a place called Mostlydead.com. I ordered these injury temporary tattoos and I have to say, my mind was blown. Now only are they super easy to apply, they look hella realistic....yeah I just said hella....that's how much my mind has been converted to shrapnel. 

Here is a photo.(the scrap is the tattoo I am referring too...the wording is real..) I just used a little one on myself and saved the best for my photo shoot. This is strictly the tattoo, no make up or photo editing of any kind involved. 
But yeah, awesome. I am not paid to say this nor do I have any connection to Mostlydead.com or the company that makes the tattoo applications. I am just a random consumer that stumbled upon the website. I am just really excited and wanted to share it with you. If you want to check them out, click one of these links.

No comments:

Post a Comment